Life drawing is temporarily suspended
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, life drawing has been suspended until it can be safely held again.
Saturday mornings this summer, Old Town Artists is hosting socially-distanced Portrait and Drawing Sessions outdoors in Harriet Island Regional Park . See Events for more information.
Old Town Artists has hosted open-studio life-drawing sessions for most of its history. The sessions are in the Old Town Artists studio space on the east end of the fourth floor of the ACVR building. (A freight elevator is available to those artists who don’t want to climb the three flights to the fourth floor.)
The sessions are open to all serious artists, from beginner to expert. We especially welcome beginners, who can work at their own pace in a supportive, critique-free environment. This is an open studio, there is no instructor.
- We invite all participants to stay after the drawing sessions for popcorn and conversation.
- Time: Wednesdays at 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. (2 hour session) or until 10 p.m. (3 hour session).
- Cost: $9 for 2 hours or $13 for 3 hours. Participating artists have the option of only drawing for 2 hours and paying $9 instead of $13 for the long session. We provide a tip basket for the model. Tipping is optional.
- Entry to the studio: The door will be opened for life-drawing participants from 6:40 to 7:00 p.m. After 7:00 p.m. call 651-278-5128.
- Easels, drawing benches, and tables are available for use by the session participants.
- Participants bring their own drawing or painting supplies.
- Coffee, tea, and water are provided by Old Town Artists
- Model schedule: The schedule of life-drawing models will be posted on our website when it becomes available.